Nutrition Counseling for ADULTS
Welcome! Whether you are seeking guidance for a medical concern or you are struggling with an overeating, dieting or binge eating problem – we’re here to help.
MEDICAL NUTRITION THERAPY SERVICES: Sound, scientifically supported nutrition advice for medical conditions such as:
- - Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), indigestion, reflux (GERD), diverticulitis, gastroparesis, Crohn’s Disease, Celiac disease
- - Food allergies, sensitivities, and intolerances
- - Psychiatric (e.g., anxiety, depression, mood disorder, OCD, ADHD)
- - Inflammatory and auto-immune disease
- - Endocrine and hormonal imbalances, PCOS, menopause
- - Pregnancy and lactation
- - High cholesterol and triglycerides, hypertension
- - Type 1 and 2 diabetes and ‘pre-diabetes’
- - Migraines
- - Cancer
- - Osteoporosis/osteopenia
- - Other medical conditions
For medical concerns, we work with clients individually or in group nutrition counseling classes. CLICK HERE for more information about group nutrition counseling.
We go far beyond issuing short-term meal plans -- we help our clients figure out what got their eating off-track in the first place.
We help our clients with a wide range of emotional eating issues. How do you eat?
- Have you tried losing weight on diets only to gain some or all of the weight back?
- Do you feel out of control when you eat?
- Do you overeat mainly at night?
- Do you have difficulty eating out and enjoying holidays, parties, and events?
- Do you have difficulty knowing if you are truly hungry?
- Do you eat when you feel stressed, anxious, bored, or sad?
- Do you give yourself rules about what and how much to eat, only to find that you repeatedly break these rules?
- Have you been suffering with disordered eating for years and think you might be ready for treatment?
We teach clients new skills so that they get to know and trust their own body cues, move away from diet rules (and rule breaking), and learn better and more insight-oriented coping strategies. Clients move towards a more balanced style of eating, reaching weight normalization and a 'good enough'-to-great body image.
CLICK HERE to learn more about CRAVINGS, our group program for emotional and binge eating.
You can schedule an appointment HERE for individual or group nutrition counseling.